Thursday, February 17, 2011

Who Are We?

Live. Your.  Life.





So I have to preface this entry with a BIG THANK YOU! To one of our friends in our groups mother! She travels a lot for work and generously paid for an evening in The Hilton Millennium with her reward points, one of the nicest hotels in Bangkok. It is right on the river with a spectacular view of the city. So again, Thank you so much!

For the week prior to this Nick and I were residing on Koh San Road, also known as The Backpackers District. It was a very cool, and swanky place but there were way too many Westerners. The only Thai’s we would see were serving us, and that is not what I came to Thailand for.  However, it was the cheapest housing we could find at 590 Baht, which comes out to about 20 American Dollars a night. This got us a room big enough to fit our 5 bags of luggage, 2 twin beds, and air conditioning. The room actually had terrible lighting, and no windows, which drove me crazy! Getting up at a reasonable time is very difficult when you are sleeping in a prison cell that blocks out ALL light!

Never the less, this night get away was much needed and much appreciated.  After we arrived, we sat in the room for a little bit and just stared at our view...

                                           
                                                I mean Can you blame us!?

We then headed straight to what they call “The Beach”. It is basically a infinity pool overlooking the amazing city of Bangkok. Up here they have everything you could need to relax. Hammocks hanging over real sand, an actual “Beach” area with sand and toys for kids to play with a sauna, steam room, lounge chairs, 3 private Jacuzzis with lounging areas as well.
                        Needless to say, It was such a very stressful evening! ;) 






This is the view looking at the building, behind me is the City. 





Here is Nick, workin on his tan..the water was beautiful, the company was even better, I have to give another shout out to the course that I took. I have met some of the most amazing people here, and friends that I will cherish for a life time! { Michelle, Cassandra, Eric, Kyle and Kate }    
                       
 




Nick And I enjoying the breathtaking view of the city, and a little R & R. For some reason I felt the need to talk with a snooty accent and refer to everything as "dreadful"... haha it was good fun!



We didn't really get a "Valentines Day" Because we started work the following day, so we just counted this as our celebration! Not to Shabby. We have been having such a memorable time here, and getting along great. I was a little nervous about making this trip together, but only cause I'm a bit of a pessimist when it comes to relationships.[I blame my parents] However, being here has only reconfirmed how great we get along, and how well we work together! So In Honor Of Valentines Day, I must give my man a Shout out, because this trip would be 10 x harder with out him! (Especially when it comes to dragging around our luggage from place to place) 

Wait I lied, we did get to celebrate Valentines Day, at a good ol fashion Sizzler! Hahah, I enjoy Thai food, but sometimes its hard to get a well balanced meal here. You can only eat rice soo many ways! So when we found this in the Shopping mall, we jumped on the opportunitity, and stuffed our faces till we couldn't fit in our pants any more.






<3 Hope you had yourself a great Valentines Day, wish someone special. Even if that someone special was yourself, your mother,father,or a great friend. Its a holiday about spending time with someone you Love <3 

Till Next time,

Cheers! 

3 comments:

  1. So glad you updated!

    1- Bangkok looks amazing!

    2- I want to hear all about your new jobs!

    3- I LOVE your bathing suit! (OK, if I'm being totally honest, this was originally listed at #1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow to the Good Life as GT would have said!!!! He would have been so proud of you
    Amazing Yes My Valentine's day was WONDERFUL could not have asked for a better one.

    Love you guys
    Marge

    ReplyDelete