Saturday, October 15, 2011

Trip planning and Island hopping!

Day 2

Day 2 began with waking up early and heading into the city from our place in Ban Phaeo. We have 1/2 a day to "Do Bangkok" and a Overnight bus to catch at 6pm. After a full day of events the day prior, we didnt want to do too much. On our hit list- some temples, the reclining buddha, and MBK shopping mall. They are all in the same vicinity but when you are dealing with Bangkok traffic... getting from point A to point B could take hours. But some how we managed to do it all. The reclining Buddha is a big attraction mainly because it is so large.. it is really beautiful and overwhelming to see in person,but definitely a must see. After this we headed to some temples to take a look around and get some pictures...maybe if we're lucky see some monks. :) The next couple of hours consisted of running around. Tiring but good because we had a loong 10 hour bus ride to sleep. 

The Reclining Buddha, Bangkok.


Traveling is fun, but it is not for sissies, it is a lot of work.. mentally, financially, and physically. But of course the end result makes it all worth it. Here is what the end of day 2 and beginning of day 3 consisted of: After a long FREEZING bus ride, and when I say freezing I mean freezing, I had on Leggins,a long skirt over my leggins, a tank top, a shirt over my tank top, a hooded jacket,and a blanket and was still freezing, I digress. A 10 hour bus ride, followed by waiting at a local shop for our next means of transportation, a short Song tao ride, to another bus ride for 3 hours, followed by a short van ride to a ferry for 2 more hours... then we finally reached our destination. Exhausted, hungry, dressed like a hobo and in desperate need of a shower... 

I kindly bring you to ... Koh Phi Phi! 

---Day 3--

Day 3 will be our most exciting day yet, because we will spend it at sea! :) The days events include: Snorkeling, Monkey feeding, island hopping, kayaking,and view of the sunset from the boat. [from 10am-6pm] Last time we were here, I decided to join an amateur muy thai fight, I actually injured my foot really bad and we had to cancel the whole day... So Nick and I were REALLY looking forward to this day.  

There was a pretty large group of people, all from around the world. Most seemed to be enjoying themselves, others were only concerned with their tan. Non-the less I had a blast all day long: and pictures always seem to tell the best story so enjoy: 
   
Snorkeling was a lot of fun, here are some of the creatures we saw!
Scary looking eel!
Gill from Nemo, a Moorish Idol




Some of the gorgeous scenery
along the way.
The Famous long tailed boats.






Jumping off into beautiful clear water!
Jumping off the plank! :)








      And finally, ending the day watching the sun set. It is always surreal watching the sun set because I know my day is ending and everyone's back home is just beginning. I try to send happy thoughts to who ever is about to start their day... as I reflect and finish mine. We were so lucky to have such a great day, weather wise... And the company wasn't half bad either. It was really amazing to be able to share our home and life here in Thailand with Nick's brother Jon and Gf Jen. We are very grateful that they were able to join us while we have this time off to explore the beautiful world we live in. 


                                                 Until next time...... 




                                                       *Cheers*






For more pictures check out my Fb Page and don't forget to tell me what you think or ask any questions in the comment section below! 







3 comments:

  1. the traveling exhausts me just reading about it!! but like you said, totally worth it. at least the bus wasn't extremely hot to the point you would pass out! much rather be freezing cold!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures, as always! I feel like I shared yet another adventure with you. So glad you have familiar faces to spend time with, and share wonderful memories with. Love you1

    ReplyDelete