Saturday, January 22, 2011

Khmer and There

Well, my time in Cambodia, has now come to an end. To be honest, im pretty bummed about it. The people here have been so welcoming, and friendly, it made being on the other side of the world in a 3rd world country somehow feel like home.
Im sure my amazing group of classmates made this transition a lot easier. It’s crazy, it has only been 2 weeks yet we all made such a strong bond. Its funny, because you can see everyone trying to figure each other out, get each others “story” , and what we seem to have in common other than having the urge to travel, we all want more  our of our lives, and refuse to accept the norm.   On our last night we went up to our teachers bar to do some Karaoke and have some drinks, and spent the evening dancing the night away,creating priceless memories. I’m sad that the group had to split up, but as I sit on a bus riding through the winding roads I’m thinking, holy shit! It has only been 2 weeks and already I have gained so much from being here, and now we have a reason to come back to Cambodia and a place to stay, and visit those who are off to Vietnam.  And oh yeah, I’m finally on my way to Thailand!!!

We finally have a weekend free, and what better way to spend it then in Pattaya, on the beach! I’m excited to see what the next couple of weeks will bring, as school is not over. For the next 2 weeks, we will be observing/teaching our own class of students. I have been assigned kindergarten…  3 classes with 30 in each! This could get interesting!

I have a lot to catch you up on, the past week has been packed full with sites, and stories, and as soon as I get quality Internet, I’ll fill you in! For now, I shall continue to sit on my numb butt , and drive through the mountainous hills, to our next destination, Pattaya beach, Thailand. See you on the other side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment