Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Killing Fields

Yesterday during lunch 3 other classmates and I went to one of the schools that the communist regime, Pol Plot turned into a torture place, it is now a Genocide Museum, but not the kind where everything is in glass cases, and there are velvet ropes. No the stuff is out in the open you can touch it if you want to, I took lots of pictures, but they are not for the weak of heart. I will be going to the killing fields today during lunch as my time in Cambodia will soon be coming to an end. We are trying to squeeze everything in that we can before we head to Thailand this weekend!! We finally get some time to ourselves!! I have been having an absolute blast here in Cambodia but with school, and homework, we havent been able to just breath for a moment! So I am excited for this weekend, but sad because we are at the point where we split up our class room... meaning the People destined for Thailand go to there, students teaching in Vietnam go there, and there are some staying here in Cambodia. My classmates really have become my family away from home, and im going to miss them.

Heading off to class <3 Much more to come, just need a chance to get it all done, and internet access that wont take 30 min to upload 1 picture! :) In the mean time, Wikipedia Pol Pot and the Khlmar Roughe, Click here, to learn <3

2 comments:

  1. long cliffhanger how is it going i am so proud of you you r amazing love you flee

    ReplyDelete